Changes in the Forbes List
The names in the top 10 in the list of the richest people world have not changed for a long time. The number of billionaires in the list of the richest people in the world, published by Forbes for 35 years, broke a record this year and reached 2755. This year, 493 new names were included in the list.
Due to the pandemic, many people spent lots of time at home. Because of this Amazon owner, Jeff Bezos, once again is at the top of the list for the wealthiest person.
ELON MUSK RANKED SECOND
The second richest person in the world was Elon Musk, the owner of Tesla and SpaceX. Competition for the title of world's richest person got tighter last Thursday. Elon Musk also surpassed the French luxury giant Bernard Arnault.
FROM FIRST RANK TO THIRD PLACE
Bernard Arnault ranked 3rd on the list; Bill Gates was in 4th place again.
Steve Ballmer, former CEO of Microsoft and owner of the Los Angeles Clippers, is in the 10th place. L'Oréal's heir, Francoise Bettencourt Meyers, dropped to 11th place.
Here are the top 10 richest people in the world...
1. US e-commerce giant Amazon founder Jeff Bezos (57): $ 185.8 billion
2. Elon Musk (50), founder of Tesla and SpaceX: $178.7 billion
3. French businessman Bernard Arnault (72), owner of brands such as Louis Vuitton, Christian Dior and Sephora, and his family: $ 174.7 billion
4. There is Bill Gates, the founder of Microsoft (65): $131.2 billion
5. There is Mark Zuckerberg, the founder of Facebook (37): $129.3 billion
6. Google co-founder Larry Page (48): $118.1 billion
7. Larry Ellison (76), founder of database software company Oracle: $115.4 billion
8. Google co-founder Sergey Brin (47): $114.1 billion
9. Berkshire Hathaway owner, investor Warren Buffet (90): $103.7 billion
10. Steve Ballmer (65), former CEO of Microsoft: $97.3 billion