THY to begin flights to 2 more destinations

THY to begin flights to 2 more destinations

THY to begin flights to two more destinations in Germany

09.03.2012 Today's Zaman

Turkish Airlines (THY) announced on Thursday the carrier will begin flying to the German Cities of Bremen and Leipzig on April 26, increasing the number of its German destinations to 11.

THY already flies to 9 destinations in Germany: Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hamburg, Hanover, Cologne, Munich, Nuremberg and Stuttgart. The carrier will initially fly to Bremen and Leipzig 4 days a week, on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. Daily flights to Bremen will begin on May 28 and to Leipzig on June 25. Airbus 320 and 321 planes will be used for the flights.

THY increased its revenue by 35 % in the first 3 quarters of last year over the same months of 2010. In the same period, the number of passengers carried increased by 11 % to 24.3 million. With 176 aircraft in its fleet, the national carrier operates 5,107 flights a week to nearly 200 domestic and international destinations. A 49.12 % stake in the Istanbul-based carrier, which was established in 1933, belongs to Turkey's Privatization Administration (ÖIB), while the remaining 50.88 % is publicly traded on the Istanbul Stock Exchange (IMKB).

View also Property in Turkey

Nieuws en inzichten

Ask a question