Alanya Dim River
Dim River is one of the life supports and lively breathing points of Alanya as a stream and a recreational area. It is located at Alanya’s East side and approximately 30 kilometers from Alanya center by car. Alakise Village which is on the hill of Taurus Mountains is the starting point of the River and it flows into the Mediterranean Sea at the border of Kestel and Tosmur districts. Dim River has a length of approximately 60 kilometers and around 15 settlements near it, which are referred as Dim villages. The snow, which was received in winter, starts to melt down to the River in spring. Therefore, the water of the River is cold in all seasons. The Dim Valley is formed by the River and banana and orange are cultivated at the area.
Around Dim River
There are many facilities around Dim River. Picnic areas, restaurants and cafes are some of them. There are platforms set up on the River for you to cool on hot summer days. The restaurants offer many delicious dishes and drinks. You can even fish in some of them to catch your own meal and get served. Moreover, there are various excursion activities. Especially, rafting is very popular among tourists. On the road of Dim River, there is Dim Cave. It is also another beauty of nature which you must see. You can participate in hiking trips to go there. When you reach the top point of the Cave, you can enjoy the bird’s-eye view of the Dim River Valley. You can find some practical information on Dim River here.
- The Dim Valley and the facilities around are generally crowded on Saturdays and Sundays. Local people prefer to visit the picnic areas on Sundays. If you like a crowded, lively environment, weekends are best for you. If you need a more peaceful and quiet environment, you should choose a weekday for your trip to Dim River.
- You can go to Dim River by car. However, if you don’t prefer it or if you don’t have a car, there are public transportation options, too. You can take a taxi from Alanya center and this costs approximately 50 TRY to Dim River. There are also buses going from Alanya center to the River. While going on the bus, you can choose one of the facilities and jump off anywhere you want. Another option is to take the bus from Alanya center to Tosmur. After you arrive at the center of Tosmur, you can take a bus going to the River.
- The Dim River area is a high place therefore, it receives snow in winter. In spring the snow starts to melt to the River. Thus, the water is cold in the River in both winter and summer. You can cool off at the River even in the hottest days of summer.
- There are numerous beautiful venues to visit or eat in the Valley. They are mostly open both in summer and winter. The main dish served at the restaurants is the trout fish. Chicken and meat dishes are also served, but there are restaurants that allow you to catch your own food. These restaurants are mostly around the fish ponds, where you can eat while your feet is in the water.
- There are various excursion activities around the River. You can rent jeeps or motorcycles and go for a trip to the Taurus Mountains. There are facilities that offer daily trips in Dim villages. Besides, safaris are organized in groups.